In this blog post, we review tools for assessing the performance of call center agents handling inbound and outbound calls.
In-built QM module
Out-of-the-box Noda Contact Center solution provides users with a Quality Management module. It allows to set our own KPIs that can reflect the quality of the agents’ communication with customers in the best possible way. As a separate option, you can configure reporting for single agents, groups of agents, and projects. On top of that, all reports can be exported in .csv or .xlsx format. Any campaign member, in accordance with their user rights, can have access to full, integrated and detailed reports built according to chosen criteria for a given period.
KPIs for inbound calls
For handling inbound calls, the following metrics can be used as KPIs:
- wait time, i.e. the time elapsed from a call being placed by a customer to the agent’s answer;
- call handle time;
- first call resolutions;
- script adherence;
- accuracy of form filling;
- accuracy of rerouting calls to an expert, or to another queue;
- total calls handled per shift;
and a lot more.
KPI examples for outbound calling campaigns
Customer telephone surveys, company reminders, services and products reminders, notifications on deals, sales and other campaigns are carried out by the automated dialer module. For outbound calls, you can use the following metrics as KPIs:
- a call-back at the time appointed by customer;
- script-following during communication with customers;
- a call-back due to connection problems on the agent’s side;
- timely and accurate customer data entry / data alteration (filling out of corresponding forms);
- communication results (conversion);
and other data.
Quality Management for voice services
Reports containing links to recorded conversations between agents and customers can later be analyzed by the agent together with the supervisor. The conversation review can include pointing out the positive moments and smoothing over the negative ones. A more detailed analysis can be carried out with the help of agent screen records and further assessment of his/her actions.
Thus, automated agent scoring by the QM module, analyzing conversations with the supervisor, and comparing one’s KPIs to those of one’s colleagues – all this motivates agents to meet their performance goals.
If you want to motivate your employees to meet their performance goals, you must have a clear and transparent system of KPIs. First of all, this system must include indicators that are up to the agent to alter in the course of handling a call. Secondly, agents must be able to monitor the scores they get for meeting performance goals, compare their scores with those of their colleagues, and to appeal against them, if necessary.
In Noda Contact Center, there are reports that show if the KPIs are met. These reports can include any of the following metrics:
- automated call scoring;
- automated regular dispatch of random or predetermined data sets (agent/period/project/customer);
- sending blocked calls for the supervisor to check;
- filler words, vernacular, rude or slangy expressions;
- empathy to the customer;
- manner of speech;
Besides, each agent, while on the job, can see the number of delayed, blocked, successful calls and other metrics on their personal page, and the corporate Noda Softphone interface shows the current KPIs of agents involved in the same project. This way, the agent scoring process is made transparent.